you're reading...
Mountain Biking, Racing

Laramie Mountain Bike Series Race #1 Photos

(Updated 6/22) LMBS Race #1 photos.

It was sweet being out on the course, shooting this race and seeing the tremendous positive energy. I look forward to racing as soon as my rib heals! I went down hard a week before the Gowdy Grinder (still raced in the Grinder though) and the rib is still tender.

Libby Sergi

Hanging out post race

Tim WIlder

Dwight and Steve post race

Kaitlyn Watts

Evan

Emily Brown

Race volunteer Dewey and owner of The Pedal House bike shop in Laramie

Adam Looney

Hanging out at the finish

Evan at the finish

Brian Johnson

Lynne Kapeller

Jacque Stonum

Stefko through the water lap 2

Brian Johnson ripping it on his singlespeed

Gwynn Barrows charging on lower Haunted Forest

Doug Kling

Steve and Dwight

Seth Newsome hits the gas

Libby Sergi

Tim Wilder

Steve Stefko and Dwight Hall on lap 1

Joe Farstad takes first in style in the advanced men category

Sarah Konrad (in blue, big grin) finishing second in open women

Steve Stefko hammering down for a first place finish in open men

The top four open men finishers; from the left Steve Stefko, Dwight Hall, Evan O’Toole and John Hennings

Brian Johnson on lap 1

Evan O’Toole in the lead on lap 1

Adam Looney on lap 1

The course was bone dry except for this and one other shallow water crossing

Evan O’Toole

Discussion

11 thoughts on “Laramie Mountain Bike Series Race #1 Photos

1. The series is off to a great start. Last night’s routes were very well marked and suited to their categories. Thanks to everyone who makes these races happen.

Posted by Eric Wright | June 20, 2012, 7:16 am
  2. The whole thing is so well run… thanks to all who put it on!!

Posted by Matt Nagy | June 20, 2012, 9:47 pm
    • There is such a tremendous positive energy swirling around this race series!

Posted by Primal Outdoors | June 22, 2012, 11:00 am
      • That is great!! I That is great!! I love the face shot of Parker as he was running also. Sooo happy! I just boghut a Walky Dog and am going to mount it to the bike this weekend. Wish us luck! Thanks for the videos-I am less anxious about it now.

Posted by Jason | July 12, 2012, 6:37 am
  3. Awesome photos! Thank you.

Posted by Gus | June 22, 2012, 10:18 pm
    • Thanks, Gus, I appreciate it!

Posted by Primal Outdoors | June 23, 2012, 3:37 pm
      • I did. I used blueberries and pceehas that I ended up putting cinnamon sugar on and throwing them in the oven so the sugar would caramelize a bit. I still have a bit more of the cream topping, even after making 2 of these; so I’ll probably make another one to use up the rest of the cream. I also found that it took me a lot longer to bake the crust than it took you.

Posted by Harun | July 12, 2012, 2:04 pm
  4. Great photos. Enjoyed them from Iowa. Evan’s dad.

Posted by Dennis L. O'h | June 23, 2012, 6:16 am
    • It’s fun taking photos of your son racing!

Posted by Primal Outdoors | June 23, 2012, 3:36 pm
    • Thats a right piece of string qoestiun, as theres lots of room for personal preference. I would say the pocket rocket, as thats the one I use mainly, but I also have a jet boil, which I occasionally use. There lots of great stoves out there, Primus for e.g. do some great stoves. But if pressed, the pocket rocket is the one, as its so small and rugged but gives a great and controllable flame.

Posted by Dilip | July 12, 2012, 5:35 am
  5. Thanks, I just might do that. The hardest part is being home all the time since we hsohocemol and dealing with the snack issue. I know if we keep junk in the house for the kids that I’ll end up eating it too. But junk food habits are hard to break for even the little people in the house.

Posted by Lenny | July 12, 2012, 11:28 pm